Ceiling-mounted lift systems are currently being installed in all 12 of the patient rooms in the Intensive Care Unit at Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center. The overhead lifts benefit patients by providing a much safer and more comfortable way to transfer them around the room as needed and to assist with rehabilitative therapy needs. They will also improve the working environment for staff on the unit. Having the lift system mounted at ceiling height frees up floor space and it also saves on time and resources, because everything needed to carry out a lift or a move is always close to hand. Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center invested over $100,000 in this equipment to enhance the care provided to patients in the Intensive Care Unit.
Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center installing new ceiling lifts to improve patient safety
Article Posted In:
- Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital nurse recognized for extraordinary service
- Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center hosts visit from State Senator Amanda Mays Bledsoe and State Rep. Daniel Elliott
- Ephraim McDowell Behavioral Health welcomes Advance Practice Provider, Kelly Milburn Ramos
- Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center nurse recognized for extraordinary service
- Ephraim McDowell Mercer Pediatrics welcomes Seirra Braden, Advanced Practice Provider