The Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation Serves You
For more than a quarter of a century, the Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation has been dedicated to improving the health of those in the communities we serve. The Foundation provides philanthropic support allowing EMH to provide the most advanced comprehensive, and compassionate care to our patients.
The Foundation has been instrumental in providing resources for cardiology, cancer, newborn care, and infection reduction, among others. Ephraim McDowell Health covers the day-to-day operating costs associated with the Foundation, including salaries and expenses. The result: 100% of every donation directly benefits projects currently serving communities within our region.
The Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation supports the health in our communities. In recent years, the Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation has invested millions of dollars back into the community to support the health of those we serve.
Some of the projects the Foundation has supported include:
- da Vinci Surgical System for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
- Germ-killing robot for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center
- Automatic external defibrillators in Danville Police cars
- Automated CPR machine for Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital Emergency Department
- A1C machine for diabetes screenings for Ephraim McDowell Community Service Department
- Gravity-fed drip IVs which provide precise delivery of chemotherapy for patients at Ephraim McDowell Commonwealth Cancer Center
- Cardiac monitors for Ephraim McDowell Heart & Vascular Institute and Ephraim McDowell
Fort Logan Hospital Emergency Department
- Digital mammography for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital and Ephraim McDowell Diagnostic Center
- Glucometers for measuring blood sugar for Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital and Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital
- Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center cardiac catheterization lab
- 12 spin bikes for McDowell Wellness Center
- Camp Can Do, a camp for children with special needs
- Neo-natal CPAP for Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital
- Steamer and disposal and a low-vision machine for McDowell Place of Danville
- Concussion management certification for an Ephraim McDowell physical therapist
- Ephraim McDowell Fort Logan Hospital, the Stanford-based facility built using funds raised during the Foundation’s capital campaigns in Lincoln and surrounding counties
Ways to Give
There are a variety of ways to give. If you would like to donate to the Foundation, please click here.
- Annual Gifts
Annual fund gifts provide essential funding to all areas of the health system.
- Corporate Partnerships
We offer customized partnership programs that have significant marketing value to help build your brand. Your company can partner with us on projects, programs, or special events.
- Major Gifts and Pledges
You may target your gift to a specific area or give an unrestricted gift for EMH to use for its greatest need. Major gifts can be made over a period of years and given in the form of cash, securities, real estate, or personal property.
- Planned Gifts
Several types of planned giving are available. The most popular types of planned giving are bequests, charitable gift annuities, charitable lead trusts, charitable remainder annuity trusts, and unitrust, gifts of life insurance and retirement plan assets, and endowments. While these are just some of the most well-known types of planned giving, many more are out there. We encourage you to fully research each type and the tax benefits with your attorney or financial advisor before making any plans.
- Memorials and Tributes
Make a gift to the Tree of Life in honor or memory of a friend or loved one.
- Matching Gifts
Employers have matching-gift programs through which your generosity can be multiplied. Please check with your employer to see if it will match your gift to the Foundation.
Our Associates help improve lives in many ways.
You may notice some of our Associates wearing jeans or special scrub tops. They have made a commitment to the health of the communities we serve by donating to the Ephraim McDowell Health Care Foundation, and in appreciation of their generosity, they have the privilege of wearing jeans or special scrub tops on Fridays. The donations will help the Foundation support life-changing projects throughout the Ephraim McDowell Health system, such as equipment for our hospitals, education for our Associates, camps for children with special needs, and free medication and durable medical goods for our patients who can’t otherwise afford them. If you would like to contribute to projects like these, please contact the Foundation at (859) 239-2362.
Our signature fundraising event is Luminosity, a formal gala. The next event is scheduled for August 26, 2023, at The Barn at Daynabrook. Join us for a night of dancing, dinner, and fun! The funds raised at the gala support projects in all areas of the healthcare system.
- Happy Heart Luncheon
Our Happy Heart Luncheon is scheduled for February 16, 2023 (11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.) at the Danville Country Club. This luncheon is held in February of each year, which is Heart Month, to raise awareness for heart disease and related health conditions. The event includes speakers on cardiac and vascular care including dietary and fitness tips.
- Golf Tournament
Held each May, the golf tournament raises money to fund various projects supporting the Foundation’s mission. The 2023 Golf Classic is scheduled for May 8, 2023, at the Danville Country Club.
Board of Directors
A community-based board of directors determines how Foundation funds are used to enhance health care in this region.
Our board members are:
- Kay Richardson, Chair
- Jon Scalf, Vice-Chair
- Amanda Kinman, Chief Financial Officer/Treasurer
- Jennifer Daniel, A.P.R.N., Secretary
- Chris Davis
- Damon Thompson
- Daniel E. McKay, President & Chief Executive Officer, Ephraim McDowell Health
- Jennifer Newby
- Larry Weathers
- Laura Richard, Director
- Sierra Lande
Foundation Staff and Contact Information
- Laura Richard
- Helen Lyman
Legal/Foundation Office Administrator
Mailing address: 217 S. Third Street Danville, KY 40422