Preparing for Your Stay
Thank you for choosing us to meet your health care needs. We want to prepare you for your arrival at one of our hospitals. Our goal is to provide you with compassionate, excellent care. While you are a patient, please ask your doctors, nurses, and other health care providers any questions you have about your care.
Remember to Bring
We want your experience at our hospitals to be safe and comfortable. Before your arrival, please remember to bring with you the following items:
- Driver’s license or other government-issued identification
- Insurance card(s)
- A list of your medications
- Any additional paperwork, test results, X-rays, or other documents provided by your physician that will be needed for your hospital stay
- Pajamas or nightgown, slippers, robe
- Toiletries, toothbrush, hairbrush
If you wear glasses, hearing aids, or other assistive items, consider bringing any spare accessories or backup items you may need.
Where to Park
At Ephraim McDowell Regional Medical Center, patient and visitor lots are located adjacent to the South Wing or on the fourth level of the City Parking Garage. Please bring your ticket to the Information Desk located in the Third Street Lobby during normal business hours or to Admitting/Registration after hours to validate it for free parking.
Other Information to help Before Your Arrival
- Tobacco use is not permitted in buildings, parking lots, vehicles, or on the grounds at our facilities.
- Licensed interpreters and video remote interpreting services are available for hearing-impaired patients. Interpreters for foreign languages are also available if needed.