Ephraim McDowell Health will offer (walk-in and scheduled) additional Covid-19 vaccination dose (Moderna) for immunocompromised individuals beginning Thursday, August 19. Covid-19 vaccination series (Moderna) for non-immunocompromised individuals who are not fully vaccinated will also be available.
Immunocompromised individuals include people with different health conditions that can weaken the immune system including:
- Active treatment for solid tumor and hematologic malignancies
- Receipt of solid-organ transplant and taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Receipt of CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic stem cell transplant (within 2 years of transplantation or taking immunosuppression therapy)
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, tumor-necrosis (TNF) blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory
The schedule for the remainder of August is as follows.
Boyle County Extension Office – 99 Corporate Drive off Lebanon Road in Danville
Tuesday, August 17 – 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday, August 19 – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Friday, August 20 – 7:30 a.m. to noon
Saturday, August 21 – 7:30 a.m. to noon
Tuesday, August 24 – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Thursday, August 26 – 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday, August 27 – 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, August 28 – 7:30 a.m. to noon
Tuesday, August 31 – 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Scheduled appointments are also available and can be made by filling out the online request form at www.emhealth.org (click on the “For More Information” button) or by calling (859) 936-8350 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you need transportation to our vaccine clinic, please call Blue Grass Community Action Partnership at (800) 456-6571. This applies only to residents in Boyle, Casey, Garrard, Lincoln, Mercer and Washington counties. Parking at the Boyle County Extension Office is available behind the building.